A common dilemma to run in to when planning a vacation is deciding what places to visit and how to best spend this rare opportunity away from the chaos of the daily routine. A popular area to visit, especially during the warmer seasons, is the great state of California. Here, you can find anything from amusement parks, outdoor recreation opportunities and even indoor attractions. To help you in planning your next visit, I’ve listed our top five spots in Southern California to check out.
5. Disneyland Resort: This family-friendly resort offers the Disneyland Park, California Adventure Park, Downtown Disney, shops, restaurants, and hotels to fill more than just a day’s worth of fun. The theme parks alone offer over 85 attractions.
4. San Diego Zoo: Get an upfront view of over 4,000 animals in Balboa Park, where the famous San Diego Zoo is located. This popular destination is less than a 3 hour drive from many of our properties around the Salton Sea and Palm Desert.
3. Big Bear Lake: Located in the San Bernardino Mountains, this lake is a year-round destination for hiking, fishing, boating, horseback riding, and winter sports including skiing and snowboarding.
2. Palm Springs: Offering nearly endless sunshine year-round, the Living Desert consists of 1,200 acres of wildlife and botanical parks.
1. Red Rock Canyon: Visited by over a million people each year, the Red Rock Canyon provides beautiful examples of the Mohave Desert. Take a 13 mile scenic drive, or actually get out in nature and experience the beauty with hiking, picnics, rock climbing, horseback riding, observation areas, and mountain biking.
Next Up: The Top 5 NorCal Activities