Halfway down our property pages you will see a small map showing the outline of the property, along with some of the surrounding area. You can zoom in an out and view different features on this small map. However, for the best information, you should click on the Satellite View Link just above the map. This link will take you to a Google Maps page where you can learn a lot about your property.
Please watch the video below for detailed instructions on how to use the many tools that Google maps offers you.
Here is a short summary:
- Switch between Map, Satellite and Google Earth Views.
- Zoom in and out and move around to see all the roads, towns and geographic features in the area.
- Turn on street and city name labels, traffic patterns, and local weather.
- View nearby pictures people have uploaded to Google.
- Get custom driving directions to the property from your home, or from the nearest airport or major city.
- Get a street-level view of the closest major road, and possibly of the property itself.
Don’t be afraid to go in-depth with the many tools Google Maps offers. These are extremely useful for viewing properties and surrounding areas. For even more tools, you can consider downloading a free copy of Google Earth. Either way, for viewing property, satellite images are the next best thing to actually visiting the land.